The hosting of your website is an important decision. Like any content management system, WordPress has specific requirements in order for your site to run fast and efficiently. It also has specific security requirements to ensure you site is secure against hackers and backed up regularly.
Pinical recommends WP Engine – a world-class dedicated WordPress hosting provider that offers stunning speed, powerful security, and best-in-class customer service.
Plan features include:
- Approx. 10,000 visitors per month. Includes 2GB of storage with unlimited monthly data transfer
- WordPress only hosting – optimized for the unique requirements of WordPress
- Secure – servers are optimized for maximum protection including free automatic scans and fixes for hacking attempts on your site. Includes a powerful firewall to protect against tens of thousands of known attacks
- Managed updates – all security or minor WordPress updates are automatically applied to your site
- Speed – multi-server clusters, fast hardware with in-RAM caching, and a content delivery network ensures your site loads as fast as possible
- Daily backups
- One-Click Restore Points – with a single click you can take a snapshot of your entire site. Now you have a safety net before doing something risky like upgrading plugins.
- EverCache™ – speeds up the delivery of common website pages (served on average 4-6 times faster than non WP Engine servers)
- CDN – a network of hundreds of caching servers, positioned around the world which instantly serves a locally stored copy of your website to visitors in that region. Content loads faster because it’s closer to the end-user.
- Staging site: Clone your website to test any changes or ideas without affecting your live website.
More information: Don’t take our word for it, find out more at wpengine.com
Already have a provider or want to use a different provider?
Pinical are happy to work with your existing hosting provider, or a hosting provider such as Net Registry or Crucial Paradigm, but in our experience, the multiple inclusions in WP-Engine’s hosting plans more than pay for the additional hosting cost compared to cheaper providers.
Maintenance & Support
Websites are not “set and forget” items. Like any valuable business asset, they require ongoing monitoring and maintenance. Without this maintenance, your website could be vulnerable to hackers, experience slow loading times, functionality and even data loss.
Pinical offers optional maintenance plans to ensure that, once your website has been successfully developed and launched, that it continues to perform well for your business and is protected from known risks. If you choose, Pinical can also provide adhoc update services, as opposed to regular ongoing maintenance.