Research shows that keeping customers happy will make you more money in the long term and here’s why…
- 91% of unhappy customers will never purchase services from you again.
- For every customer who bothers to complain, there are 26 others who remain silent.
- 96.7% of unhappy customers never let out even a squeak of dissatisfaction to the organisation that has given them bad service. . . according to research they will tell at least 15 other people, while satisfied ones will tell six at the most.
- Each one of your customers has a circle of influence of 250 people or potential customers who hear bad things about you.
- 70% of complaining customers will do business with you again if you resolve the complaint in their favour.
- Almost 70% of the identifiable reasons why customers left typical companies had nothing to do with the product. The prevailing reason for switching was poor quality of service.
- It costs about five times as much to attract a new customer as it costs to keep an old one.
- Loyal customers who refer others generate business at very low or no cost.
- It’s easier to get existing customers to buy 10 percent more than to increase your customer base by 10 percent.
- So, keeping customers happy is the best way to increase revenue and long term profitability.
A simple approach to do this is to set customer service standards and protocols to ensure not only are they happy, but if they are not you know about it and can fix it. If you would like to know more about how to do this, please contact us for a free chat on the best way to go about it.
Peter Harris, Director Pinical